Village facilities & map of Vamos
Vamos as a center of the region has good customer services.
There are two mini-markets, bakery, butcher, pizzeria, creperie, a traditional grocery shop, many cafés (with free Wi-Fi), a post-office, bank (ATM), police station, pharmacy, health center and two petrol stations.
Moreover the village is well known for the delicious Cretan food, especially after renovation of the ‘Bloumosifis Tavern’ in 1993. People from the cities as Chania, Rethymno and Heraklion drive to Vamos for a nice village atmosphere and for the delicious local food.
There are four good taverns, a pizzeria and a grill shop in the village:
- Tavern ‘Sterna of Bloumosifis’ (Located in the center of the village). More about Bloumosifis >
- Tavern ‘Marouvas’ (Located in the center of the village)
- Tavern ‘Parasia’ (Located outside of the village, area Tsikoliana - 1,5 km)
- ‘Chasomeri’ tavern with oriental flavours (Located in the old village). More about Chasomeri >
- ‘Pizzaria’ and local food (Located close to the square)
- ‘O Kostas’ local food gyros and souvlaki (Located close to the square)
- In taverna Chasomeri buffet breakfast
- In café Ano–Kato breakfast on menu
- In café-pastry shop Nektar breakfast on menu
- Traditional café ‘Marendis’ located in the square -simple breakfast is served.
In the nice bakery in the village as well as the traditional grocery ‘Georgia’ you will find nice goodies to make your own breakfast at your accommodation!
There are lots of traditional cafés in the village and all of them have free Wi-Fi service.
Shops and other services
There are two mini-markets, a creperie, a traditional grocery, bakery, pastry shop, butcher, pharmacy, bookshop, flower shop. Bank/ATM, post office, two petrol stations, police station, Town hall, Health Center (Hospital), private doctor and dentist.
For more information about the village facilities see the Vamos village map.