In Vamos and old villages
Building of 1860, in the past functioning as a small Inn for the farmers of mountain villages that came to Vamos to sell their products. In the entrance of the houses you can still see the shelterer where they used to put their horses. The house has been renovated in 1996, and it maintains a lot of its old elements. It consists of two houses that can accommodate from 2 to 4 persons.
Building of 1840, owned by Nikolas Franteskakis. Partly it was a cafe shop till 1936, and later a grocery, while the main part was an old olive oil factory that functioned till 1946. The building has been renovated in 2001, and it takes the name Fabrica from the old olive oil factory, which is preserved till now. It consists of three houses that can accommodate from 2 to 4 persons.
A renovation with spirit, attention and love. The house dates from 1863 and Filippas, the grandchild of the family who inherited the building, has put his own work in the renovation in order to maintain its original character. Black and white photos, carpets, treasure chest and other items of the family, are now decorating the house, each of them telling a story of the past. The welcoming yard on the entrance and the balcony with the amazing viewover the hills, make this house a cosy shelter that you will adore. Accommodates max 4 persons.
Four traditional renovated guesthouses of a mansion of the 19th century, property of family Sapounaki, located in the graphic village Selia (5 km from Vamos), next to a beautiful forest with oak and cypress trees. Accomodate from 2 to 5 persons. The houses were renovated using exclusively natural materials like stone and wood, maintaining unaltered all the special elements of the past. Moreover the houses have been decorated with every day objects that the family Sapounaki used in the old days.
Building of 1800 of a local “lord" named Eleftherios Papoutsakis. It was used as a warehouse of the main mansion and later on, as a stable for the lord's beloved horses. After his 3rd marriage, the house was used as a lodgement for his 2nd wife, who raised the children that the lord acquired with his next wife. During the WW2 the Germans used it as headquarters and it was renovated in 2014 by mrs Iro with respect to it's great history. The house has two levels, private garden and amazing view of the White Mountains. Accommodates max 4 persons.